Asbestos facts and why asbestos removal in Perry Vale is important
Asbestos is a naturally-occurring mineral. Its fibres were widely used in all types of construction, for its insulation, durability and fire resistance. It was finally banned from use in 1999 because of the health risks associated with exposure to asbestos fibres, which settle on the lungs, causing a number of diseases. It is now widely accepted that asbestos-related diseases are responsible for the greatest number of UK work deaths.
Here are some asbestos facts:
- Asbestos fibres are microscopic and easily inhaled.
- Asbestos fibres are somewhere between 50-200 times thinner than a human hair.
- Asbestos fibres are quite rigid and they become easily lodged in the soft internal tissue of the respiratory system and not easily expelled by the body.
- Asbestos-related health problems can go unrecognised for a long time, with some diseases not apparent up to 40 years after exposure.
- Asbestos is considered most dangerous when it has been disturbed or is deteriorating, when fibres are released into the air. This is why if you are considering building work and are concerned about asbestos, you must get a professional to help.
- Asbestos must be handled and disposed of with great care at an authorised facility.
Asbestos specialists for asbestos testing and sampling and asbestos surveys in Sydenham
Established as independent asbestos specialists in 1998, we are proud of our reputation for delivering an excellent service in all areas of asbestos, including asbestos testing and sampling and asbestos surveying. We have a highly-skilled and professional workforce who will ensure you receive an exceptional service, regardless of the size of the job.
Our surveying capabilities cover all domestic, commercial and industrial properties and include:
- Asbestos sampling and testing
- Bulk sampling and testing
- Asbestos Management Surveys
- Asbestos Demolition and Refurbishment Surveys
- Asbestos Re-inspection Surveys
- Asbestos Risk Assessments
- Asbestos Consultancy
Our reports are easy to read and give photographic evidence of each location sampled and detailed plans explaining where and which types of asbestos has been found, if any. We also offer asbestos removals from places like corrugated garage roofs, Artex ceilings, textured coatings, flues, water tanks, pipe lagging and boarding.
Find out more by calling us now on 0800 024 6203.
Call us now for safe asbestos removal, asbestos collection and asbestos disposal in Forest Hill
To speak to our asbestos contractors in Forest Hill and Perry Vale, please call us today on 0800 024 6203 or 07500 866 733, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in a quick online enquiry form and we will call you back soon.